This looks AMAZING! I`m definitely going to try it out within the next few weeks! I like the style and artwork! That`s impressive. All hail Unity! :)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG is a surreal Japanese-style RPG set in the late '90s. After witnessing a woman vanish from an elevator with no plausible explanation, college graduate Alex gathers friendly misfits from the internet to investigate her disappearance. Alex's search for the truth leads him and his companions into a journey rife with mystery and danger... and who knows what lurks beyond the new millennium?
- Brave dungeons littered with puzzles, traps, and bizarre enemies. Yammering skulls, tortoise samurais, living stop signs... etc!
- Stay on your toes with a turn-based combat system anchored on twitchy mini-games.
- Brandish vinyl records, cameras, musical instruments and more unusual weapons. (Relax, weapons don't break.)
- Play through 30 hours of the main campaign and sidequests, rendered in a dreamlike, otherworldly graphic style that harkens back to the PSone era.
- The main story campaign features voice talents like Chris Niosi (Tales of Zestiria, Disgaea 5), Clifford Chapin (Attack on Titan, RWBY) and more.
- YIIK's eclectic electroacoustic soundtrack features contributors like Toby Fox (UnderTale), Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Garoad (VA-11 Hall-A).
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This game looks fantastic. I am totally grabbing this on Switch. Out of pure curiosity, what engine was used to develop this?
Does this game work in Wine?
Yes, I tried it on wine and it does work. But again as with all applications through wine, it does have a performance hiccup at times.
I really like this game. I bought it on switch. I think there are a few things you could work on for the next project you guys work on. Combat feels slightly slow, but that is only a small problem. The other thing is that the writing feels a small bit stiff sometimes, and the main character is kinda unlikable. But I can get over these problems, as this game is certainly very interesting. And it also has a fantastic soundtrack, especially toby fox's track. Thanks for a great game!
Finally it released :3, now it's just a matter of get enough money to buy it :x
This is a unique looking game, Will this come with a steam key?
i play ...AND GREAT GAME ....BACK 90s very emotion me....THANK U BY QUEENFAITH89 :*
OoooOOOhHH I need to save up, it looks stunning~!
Your game is beyond amazing!! I love the asthetic and everything you guys have done to it. Keep up the amazing work!!